Monday, November 9, 2009

You feel weak, weary and at the end
This is when I coose to move through you in power
In your humility and distress
I choose to bring My salvation and strength
For it is only then that my glory can be completely realized

(image found here)
 This thought is patterned all throughout the Bible.  It is obviously something God wants for each of us to see in His character and in His way of working.  His ways always fight with our logic.  What is up is down, what is poor is rich, what is weak is strong.

'When we have nothing left but God, then we become aware that God is enough."  ~Agnes Maude Royden (1876-1956)

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power will rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake.  I delight in weaknesses in insults, in hardships, in persections, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

4 comments:

Melissa A said...

This one speaks to me today Dee. When I turned on my google reader today, this post is the first thing that I see. I was up until 3:00 am last night thinking about Home and what it is to me and listening to christian songs by Shawn McDonald on youtube and thinking about our eternal home and longing for it as I sometimes do. Don't get me wrong, I do like living and I'm excited about things that God is doing, it's just sometimes I'm not sure what words to put out there when my blog was originally geared toward interior design. Sometimes I can hardly write without the real me coming out, because the Lord just permeates me and is a part of me. It hasn't always been like this for me, just this past year I have reached this new place between the Lord and me and sometimes I feel so full of him that it just overflows from the top of me. I need his wisdom in the words that I speak and to not have fear about what words to say because I don't want to turn people off.

LolaandStan said...

Hi Dee,
This one is definitely for us too. We have struggled long and hard for the past 3 1/2 years with the business and are so tired from all the work and no money. I do feel at my end. In fact, I've been telling God that for the past two weeks-actually more like months. Thanks for the reminder that God is enough. Thoughts of losing the business and everything with it (our home and vehicles and such are all tied up in our loan) definitely brings me to my knees. The song, "Through it All," says it pretty good too, doesn't it?. Love you. Lori

Anonymous said...

it is in our brokenness that we are beautiful and perfect....
"A person's word can be life giving water, words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brooke"
Proverbs 18:4
it is what you do Dee...God bless you!

Aline said...

"When we have nothing left but God, then we become aware that God is enough." ~Agnes Maude Royden (1876-1956)

i love this quote.

yes, this quote is right. sometimes only with trial and problem can direct us to God.