Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I delight in your worship
and even more so when it extends into your daily life and all that the natural man would consider mundane.
You will walk through the 'mundane' and even 'painful' parts of your life with the light of my presence.
You will find true joy in me all the day long.
The praise of your life is beautiful to me.
 
(image found here)

"By practising God's presence and continuously looking at Him, the soul familiarizes itself with Him to the extent that it passes almost its whole life in continual acts of love, praise, confidence, thanksgiving, offering , and petition."
~Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection (1605-1691)
"Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord.  They rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation.  They exult in your righteousness."
Psalms 89:15-16

2 comments:

Widge said...

awwwl that feels like just for me! Jumping up and down with squeals of delight! whoop!!

Anonymous said...

love this...it is so true and that joy CAN and DOES make everything light and joyfilled. Funny as I was reading this I wanted my friend Widge (above) to see this one...then I go to make a comment and low and behold whe has already seen it!!! God really knows how to work it!!!
there is joy in everything for God is in everything!!!