Thursday, October 22, 2009

Over the past year I had only one resolution from last New Year's Day.
That resolution was to live without fear.
I have done terribly with this resolution by consistently thinking that those around me, family, friends and even God, probably despised and looked down upon me in a displeased manner of sorts and in so doing I looked down on everyone else, including God.
What is interesting to me is that in spite of doing all I knew to be a better person and to live as sinless a life as possible.
I have believed lies about so many things.
Hence this blog,
to perceive the love of God in a daily and more meaningful way.
So far I have only written out love notes from God to me based on His Word.
Today in light of the truth of His unfailing love and the love of the body of Christ, the church,
I have realized the only thing that keeps me on track and believing in what is true, lovely and of good report, is to spend every morning being filled with God's amazing love.
So for today I want to leave you with this verse that has truly been my prayer along with Moses'.



("God's love is like jumping into a big pile of soft fluffy feathers, there's no harshness, it's a place of safety, a place of warmth, a place of gentleness. His love is patient, his love is kind.")
 (image and quote found here)


"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives."
Psalms 90:14


My prayer for all followers of Christ is that we have our eyes opened to the truth of His love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one question...
why would those around you be displeased with you?
ok maybe two questions....
what is your shame?
Sending you much love today
Thanks for the honesty
it is in our brokenness that we are beautiful
you are loved

Melissa A said...

Oh Dee, I know the Lord loves you sooooo much. The enemy tries to whisper in our ears and cause us to believe that we are in trouble with our heavenly Father or not loved like we thought because we didn't wake up and read our bible or even talk to him that day. But there is no fear in the Lord. He never leaves us, nor forsakes us and there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. He gives us authority over these negative whispers and thoughts and we have the power to cast these out. The enemy is in a battle for our minds, but Jesus said that anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it (John 14: 12-14). Anyway, I put alot in there, referencing alot of verses. Bless you today my friend.

Anonymous said...

wow, melissa said a lot of great things ...i totally agree with her. YOU are LOVED.

SimplyGrove said...

Im glad I found your other blog! I love every word you speak:)