Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Live in my love,
I will abide in you and you will abide in me.
Fear is thrown away when you are perfected in my love.
Know and rely on my love. 

(image found here)


"Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done." 
~C.S.Lewis (1898-1963)


"And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.  If anyone acknowledges that Hesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.  And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love.  Whoever lives in love, lives in God and God in him.  In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like Him.  There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1st John 4:14-18

4 comments:

Widge said...

Love this. Can't wait for the freedom of being perfected in Love.
I love this image too, I was just reading last night about being the apple of His eye.

Anonymous said...

Oh I see my friend has been here...hi Widge!
Love what Mr. C.S. Lewis had to say and totally agree...it is an everyday renewing...just like with our relations on earth..last night The rock star had words with me about computer use and bed time..saucy teenager that he is...but today is a new day and we renewed our love for each other...that is called GRACE and thank God for his...so happy to see the sun shinning again for you Dee!

Anonymous said...

have you heard the hymn, "abide with me"? it's one of my very favorites. you made me think of it...

Anonymous said...

i love reading what God puts on your heart. such beautiful words! xo